On Mon, 26 Aug 1996, Lynda Short wrote:

> When your library is the recipient of an autographed book, what is your procedu
> re?  Do you archive it or does it circulate?  TIA  Lynda  lshort1@ukcc.uky.edu

I've accumulated about forty autographed books over the years and keep
them in a safe place in my office.  Twice a year--once during children's
Book Week in November and again during National Library Month in April--I
pull them out, read some of them to classes and raffle them off for the
week. I send a letter home with the book indicating that this is special
book and to please take great care with it.

Dan Ladue

LM_NET Archive Home