Happy Wednesday All!
     I've been put on a committee to come up with activities for a Family
Reading Night.  My committee is for K-2nd grade students and parents.
     Last year I video taped this school's Family Math Night and there
the teachers talked a while and told parents about math ideas/acitivities
which go on in their classroom.  Next they introduced activities they
could do at home with their child and the parent and child had time right
there and then to do those activities together.
     My question is: Have any of you participated in anything like a
Family Reading Night?  If so, what activities seemed to work for you?
    Our Fun Night will be sometime in September.  Any suggested
activities you know would be fun and educational for our parents would be
greatly appreciated!
Please respond directly to me.
Thank you for your time!!!!!

Columbus, Nebraska                      Each day is a gift,
jdodson@gilligan.esu7.k12.ne.us        that's why it's called, "the present."

LM_NET Archive Home