It's midnight and I can't sleep.  I have one more thing to say on this
thread which has meandered from the intent of the original posting.  I am
not going to list all of the extra time that I give to my job, but I will
match ANYONE on this list hour for hour.  However, if my priority was
circulating books, I would be very worried about being replaced by a
computer and a clerk.  The many tasks of the LMS (which are too
numererous to list and which you are all aware of anyway) are so
intertwined that I do not think I could pick ONE of them as my priority.
My plans change from hour to hour based on those "teachable moments"
and unexpected events that occur each school day.  And I will repeat
something from my earlier posting on this topic.  EVERYTHING I do in the
LMC is to the ultimate benefit of the students and teachers of the
school.  If I CAN have a priority, it is to balance all of those tasks
with both the time I can spend on them and those unexpected events.  I
can say that my prioity the first week of school is NOT circulating
books.  I know that many of you disagree with me and that is the way it
should be because I would hope that with all our individual circumstances
and strengths and weaknesses, we are all doing the very best we can at
any given moment!
Thanks for listening (reading?).  I feel better now!

Cathy Roach
Dan Rogers Elementary School
Dallas, Texas
croach@tenet.edu