Found the last lost bookfair mail and it has such  good ideas wanted to post
it even if I already sent the rest.  Thanks Bev and all  for all your patience.

Hi Margaret,

I just finished a bookfair last week... so I am full ideas (and exhaustion!)

        *  Publicize widely - posters around school, adverts in school
newsletter

        *  Recruit volunteers - other staff - like Library Advisory
Committee            members - to help with the manning (oops... personning)
of the            bookfair.

        *  Use book stands (I begged bookstores for some - then decorated
them            to suit our needs) to display books

        *  Make the area attractive:  - I used a lifesize cutout of Donald Duck
           with hands outstretched to focus attendtion on the bookfair -

        *  I stuck all kinds of promotional posters of books/authors on a
large            white board and used this as a back to the bookfair space

        *  Get classes to visit the bookfair with their class/English teachers
           Have them book a time on a bookfair visiting timetable so that it
           doesn't get too busy

        *  Have other activities going on at the same time : I held our
bookfair
           through book week so there really was a lot of action.... I also had
           the library open for three of the five lunch times showing videos

Well that is about it for now.... Hope all this helps...

Regards
Bev Novak

Margaret Hunt                                        Floyd  Graham Elementary
mchunt@mindspring.com                               Hephzibah, GA(15 mi. S
of Augusta)
School : grahamel@aug.mindspring.com   The home of 400+ PreK-2 Panthers

LM_NET Archive Home