Even though the Truman Capote Christmas story was written shortly before
his death and is not brand new, it is a beaut.  I forget the title at the
moment, but it should be easy to find at the public library if you do not
own it.  (I suppose Thomas's "A Child's Christmas In Wales" is too old
for this teacher, but has she seen the version illustrated by Trina
Schart Hyman?  It might win her over.)

Carol Lisker Kennedy, Blue Bell Elementary School
801 Symphony Lane      voice 215-628-1903
Blue Bell, PA 19422    e-mail ckennedy@mciunix.mciu.k12.pa.us
"Listen to music, read novels, smell the flowers, and the rest
will take care of itself."

On Tue, 3 Dec 1996, Jeane Campbell wrote:

> One of my English teachers (7th grade) in our JHS came in today looking for
> books on Christmas to use as a writing example.  She wants very descriptive
> writing, etc.  I showed her what I had and she said they were all "too old".
>  (With my budget, she should be glad I had any!)   Any "new" titles you would
> recommend for a middle school.  (She also teaches drama)  TIA

LM_NET Archive Home