I think this is called "Christmas Memory."   Lynn

* Lynn Bright                     Goliad Elementary School *
* Librarian                       3902 Goliad Street       *
* bright@tenet.edu                San Angelo, TX 76904     *
*        "Reading is a window to the world!"               *

On 3 Dec 1996, Carol Kennedy wrote:

> Even though the Truman Capote Christmas story was written shortly before
> his death and is not brand new, it is a beaut.  I forget the title at the
> moment, but it should be easy to find at the public library if you do not
> own it.  (I suppose Thomas's "A Child's Christmas In Wales" is too old
> for this teacher, but has she seen the version illustrated by Trina
> Schart Hyman?  It might win her over.)
>
> Carol Lisker Kennedy, Blue Bell Elementary School
> 801 Symphony Lane      voice 215-628-1903
> Blue Bell, PA 19422    e-mail ckennedy@mciunix.mciu.k12.pa.us
> "Listen to music, read novels, smell the flowers, and the rest
> will take care of itself."
>
> On Tue, 3 Dec 1996, Jeane Campbell wrote:
>
> > One of my English teachers (7th grade) in our JHS came in today looking for
> > books on Christmas to use as a writing example.  She wants very descriptive
> > writing, etc.  I showed her what I had and she said they were all "too old".
> >  (With my budget, she should be glad I had any!)   Any "new" titles you would
> > recommend for a middle school.  (She also teaches drama)  TIA

LM_NET Archive Home