Dear Netters,

Well this Wednesday I received my first obscene email.   I was certain it
was from a sophomore, who considers himself a computer expect.  I had
just that day spoken to him twice about inappropriate behavior in the
library.  He has already been barred from the library computer lab except
when with his teacher because of mischief on the macintosh computers.  The
clever rascal got the post to be listed on another student's email at
geocities,
however when I found the hidden headers I traced it back to his father's
internet access.  The kid has the same name as dad.

My question is what is your school policy to deal with this form of
harassment?  I did send a complaint to geocities and the ISP listed in the
headers. This is a new area for us and I would appreciate any guidance.
My principal is very supportive and eager to send a strong message.

TIA

Kathy Keck  kkeck@ideanet.doe.state.in.us
Crawfordsville High School
Crawfordsville, IN