Thanks to all who responded to my request for favorite library quotes.
Here are the results:

From: Judyth Lessee <rinophyl@rtd.com>

"Our chief want in life is someone who will make us do what we can."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

"People seldom improve when they have no other model but themselves"
Oliver Goldsmith

"In times of change, learners shall inherit the earth while the learned,
beautifully equipped for a world that no longer exists, perish."
Eric Hoffer?

Know less.  Understand more.

To create the future, challenge the past.

"Education is what remains, when what has been learned has been forgotten."
B.F. Skinner
From: Jamie Boston <jamieb@wheel.dcn.davis.ca.us>

My favorite library quotes which adorn my web page are:

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library -
Jorge Luis Borge

Outside of a dog, man's best friend is a book; inside of a dog, it's very
dark. - Groucho Marx