At 09:07 AM 12/8/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Good Morning Group,
>I received a message telling me to "DELETE ALL MESSAGES REQUESTING PENPAL
>GREETINGS AND DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY MESSAGE ENTITLED PENPAL GREETINGS".
>Although it appears friendly, this is a virus that has the potential of
>destroying hard drives, data and is self-replicating.  Additionally, it
>automatically forwards itself to anyone whose e-mail address is present in
>your mailbox.  It has the potential of doing terrible things worldwide and
>is called the "Trojan Horse".  Please pass this message along to your
>friends and I hope you haven't met up with it yet.  It's sad to think that
>something that we look for as Librarians (penpals) could be used so
>negatively.  Have a good day.
Hi...

Unfortunately, this is a HOAX. Please check the Computer Virus Myths Web
Site <http://www.kumite.com/myths> before passing along _any_ virus warnings.

...brig
--
Brig C. McCoy                   |      Automation Consultant
Southeast Kansas Library System |  Internet: brigc@world.std.com

LM_NET Archive Home