About 3 weeks ago, two of our fifth grade girls walked into the library
holding a scrawny kitten and inquired if I wanted a cat.  Since my wife
and I had been recently talking about getting one, I decided to hold
onto it.  I figured that the owner would eventually come to claim him.
        Sculley is now a handsome, healthy, hungry four pound ball of lightning
that has adapted well to the daily commute to school.  He's also
adapting well to the forest of legs he encounters daily and loves
scaling our Christmas tree.
        His vet sent me an article about library cats and it mentioned a web
site that lists where they are around the country.  Most are in public
libraries.  Gary Roma, the author of the home page, is working on a
documentary about library cats.  The site is located at:

        http://www.std.com/catalyst/ironfrog/

        A sixth grader emailed Sculley's bio to the site and he should be
appearing on the Washington state list fairly soon.  I would be happy to
hear any other similar stories sent directly to me if you wish.

Chuck

--
Chuck Finnigan
Central Elementary School Library