Karen,

Videos labelled "For Home Use Only" *may* be legally used in a classroom - if:
1) They are used in a face-to-face classroom teaching situation (teacher and
class are present at the same time); and
2) They are used to supplement the standard school district/grade level
curriculum.

Translated, this means that if you want to show "Nicholas and Alexandra" in the
Russian/World History class during the section on the Russian Revolution,
that's fine.  If you want to show "101 Dalmations" to the kids on a Friday
afternoon because they've been good or if you need to fill in a recess wiped
out by inclement weather, that's not legal.  If however, the high school art
class is studying a unit on animation, the teacher *can* show "101 Dalmations"
to the class, to emphasize/demonstrate animation techniques.

I highly recommend that anyone with copyright concerns contact AIME
(Association for Information Media and Equipment) at 1-601-624-9355
(Clarksdale, MS) or email
aime@misnet.com   Executive Director Betty Gorsegner is in the office on
Tuesdays and Thursdays, and will be happy to explain the benefits of
membership.  Annual dues are $ 150/year.

Note:  I am not an attorney, and the above should not be considered legal
advice.

Barbara

Barbara Herbert   <herbert@georgian.edu>
Georgian Court College