Austin ISD has formed a committee  to study teacher certification, standards
of competency, and continuing education requirements. Our intent is to
upgrade the competency of the teaching staff, as well as all other
professional, para-professional and clerical personnel in the district.
An ERIC search has produced only a minute amount of up-to-date
information.  Surely there are other districts who are working on teacher
competencies, or school districts who already have Teacher Competencies
in place.  I would appreciate hearing from you.  We are impressed with
the Missouri Requirements and Procedures for Teacher Certification and
want to hear from local school districts throughout the US.

**

LM_NET Archive Home