Yesterday I made the big step of upgrading my Follett apple program to
Unison.  I installed the program, dumped in the batch files of patrons
and books, and was very pleased at the easy installation, until I noticed
an odd atthing -
     all of my books had marc records, but there were no copies
attached!    I immediately contacted  Wendy Wernick, our area rep.
She promised to have tech support contact me.

Having received no call by 10:00 A.M. today, I called in to tech support.
The support person quickly decided that my problem rated a senior
technician and put me on hold - and disconnected me - three times.

I was just ready to throw the computer and the whole unison program out
the window when I looked up and saw Wendy entering the room.
She took off  her coat, rolled up her sleeves, immediately
got through to a senior technician and spent about an hour
correcting my problem.  I am now up and running!

The reason for this rather lengthy note is that while we are quick to
criticize companies for their shortcomings, we often fail to publicize the
good experiences.

Kudos to Wendy and Follett

Susan Burstein
Portland Middle School