Greetings! Here in sunny Manitoba we are experiencing -40 degree Celsius
temperatures! Thank goodness our groundhog didn't see his shadow.

I have an elementary teacher who is doing a study of the novel "Devil's
Arithmetic".  We had a lively discussion today about the book.  Was it the
glass of wine with dinner that brought about the leap into the past?  Is
the heroine a reincarnation of the girl from the past?  Does the
combination of the wine and the numbers on her Aunt's arm, recover hidden
memories?  Is this book historical fiction or science fiction?

If you have read the book and have any thoughts, we'd love to hear them.

Thanks,

Susan

Susan Fonseca-King              Darwin School (K-9, 400 students)
Teacher-Librarian               175 Darwin Street
<kingjs@mts.net>                Winnipeg, Manitoba
                                R2M 4A9

LM_NET Archive Home