     My library has very little on art and art history. We are a
small 7-12 grade private school.  I would like to know about the Janson's History
of Art for Young
 for Young People, is it a good substitute for the Janson's History of Art, or
should I get both.  I'm familar with Janson's books as well as the
Larouse series.   I have seen  the Oxford art books but they
lack large full page plates that can be used in a classroom setting.
My idea would be to have One good general ference for art history,
and separate titles covering Classical, Renaissance, 18th & 19th
Century , and Modern Art.
  Any suggestions?

Tom Zarrilli
Yeshiva Atlanta