Unfortunately, I was mistaken in my previous message.  What my mother is
having problems with in her school are the bookends sliding on the
bookshelves, not the books sliding on the bookshelves.

As I said before, she has tried the metal bookends, but she has large
wooden bookshelves, and the metal leave deep scarring in the wood if they
slip or slide on the bookshelves.  The rubberized bottoms seem to get
gooey and stick to the bookshelves, and the felt bottoms cause the
slipping and sliding.

I have received some great replys, but hope someone may have other ideas
for me to pass on to her.  Please make your replys to: hall6837@kutztown.edu.

Thank you!!
Jennie Hall
Kutztown University