You might look into the job description of Interpreter for the Deaf.
Numerous high schools now accept American Sign Language as a fulfillment
of the foreign language requirement.  Community colleges do train
interpreters of the deaf and for that you must have sign language
intructors.  Gallaudet University most likely has a program for this,
too.  Finally, the occupational outlook handbook is available on line
(tho I cannot quote the exact address from memory) and you might want to
look into the deaf gopher at kent state u. on the net for futher information.

i hope one of these leads will have the appropriate info for you

best,

Roselle

American School for the Deaf
r_weiner@sacam.oren.ortn.edu

On Mon, 12 Feb 1996, Linda Cheresnowski wrote:

> I have a student that is interested in becoming a sign language teacher.  We
> can not find this listed as an occupation within our limited resources.  Does
> this position exist?? And if so, what are the qualifications and where could
> she attend college for a degree in this field?? Any help will be appreciated!
>
> TIA
> Linda

LM_NET Archive Home