Sixth graders can find "good" pictures and text everywhere.  Recently, I
saw a group of sixth graders huddled around a book, and heard the words,
"good page."  When I strolled over to check it out, I discovered that
the book was The Diary of Anne Frank!  The good page, of course, was
the section about getting her period.  There is NO WAY to remove all the
books that sixth graders perceive to have "naughty bits."

(P.S. I automatically turn the page of the unabridged as I walk by it -
it is usually open tosome page with "interesting words"

You gotta smile!

Susan Burstein
Portland Middle School
Portland, CT