Hope you can help with this.  Teachers at my school are revamping the
Sophmore Honors English and History classes.  They are looking for books
(both fiction and non-fiction) that deal with the industrial revolution,
especially the way these events caused social change, in particular the move
from rural to urban societies.  I have suggested the obvious -- Dickens and
Norris -- but they need a list of about twelve to fifteen books to present so
if some are rejected by the district, they will still have enough to go with.
 THEY NEED TO BE CURRENTLY IN PRINT.  Reading level can be 10th grade to
adult.  Authors other than American are especially asked for.  Settings other
than American are especially asked for.

As always, they need this right now!  (Just like the kids!!)  If you have
ideas, send them along to my address below and I will take them into the
conference room as I receive them.

Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Mark Williams
Librarian
Colton High School
WillmsMark@aol.com