> and they're logged back out of the system.  Not to mention the times they
> type in their Password incorrectly spelled so don't duplicate it the
> second time.  These are high school students-I can't imagine younger
> ones.  YES, they need to learn to type.  When the computer says "Press

One bright spot in learning to use the keyboard -- When I taught 10th
grade English, I kept telling my students, "Yes, correct spelling and
punctuation DO matter and putting a semi-colon where you need a colon
will NOT work."  Now I don't have to tell them -- if they key in the
wrong word or symbol, the *computer* objects!  :-)  Students are finding
out that they have to attend to detail.

Betty

LM_NET Archive Home