This thread has been quite fascinating, both to new and old.

For those whose faculties think you "do nothing" -- just see what happens
when you insist the administration CLOSE the library when you have to
be out -- as in:
for the next 2 marking periods, I am (very reluctantly) responsible for
the school newspaper mini-course.  since this assignment meeans that I
must meet with the students in this mini-course in the computer lab,
there will be no adult supervising the library (aide?? what aide??)
Therefore, I insisted that the administration agree to OFFICIALLY
close the library during the 4 periods per week I must hold this mini-course
.... And during the 5 periods every 3rd week when I must have lunch duty,
... AND during any period when I am asked to "cover" for a teacher in a
classroom.
When I posted the weekly calendar with all those library access periods
blacked out, the other teachers quickly got the message., especially
when I then blocked out several other periods to catch up on the work I
had missed by being out of the library.
How did I get the admin to agree to do this?  It was either that, or find
someone else to do the newspaper, and the lunch duty, etc.  Note: this
will not happen (to me) next year -- I won't be there. <g>
Alice

LM_NET Archive Home