I attended an outstanding presentation today by Jamie McKenzie from
Seattle. He discussed the concept of Board Policy as distinct from AUP's
and mentioned this issue.   His stance is that he does not mention kids
by name and he does not post photos except of anonymous groups of
students. He sends home a permission form for parent and student to sign
for permission to post work, perhaps a piece of art work, on the school
WEB site.

The address for his school district is: http:www.bham.wednet.edu

My guess is that each school district may take a somewhat different view,
but it's a question that should be addressed.

        Betsy Springer
        Downers Grove South H.S.
        1436 Norfolk St.
        Downers Grove, IL 60516
        E-mail springer@eagle.ibc.edu

On Wed, 21 Feb 1996, Jeanette Mateer wrote:

> We have a page on the WWW and the parent who is designing it would like
> to include pictures of students who have done outstanding work.  I'm
> hesitant to put names and pictures for the child's safety but I'd like to
> know how others are handling this situation.
> I do not have WWW access so I can't checkout what others have done.  Any
> suggestions or policies that you've used will be appreciated.
>
> --

LM_NET Archive Home