I've the best job in the school!

I get to select wonderful new books that will be appreciated by students and
faculty alike, but the money doesn't come out of my salary.  I get to work
closely with students and help them, but I don't have to grade them or fail
them if they don't meet "standards."  I'm not stuck in one discipline, but
rather, I get to learn the newest developments in science, follow the latest
in politics, keep up with social developments here and abroad, and enjoy the
best of literature--and it's all part of my job!  I get to plan and assist
teachers with new research projects:  I'm the expert who knows what we can
accommodate here and when we have to use outside services.  I get to
experience the newest of technologies, and my opinions on their value to our
curriculum are respected.

With this job, I can never be bored.  Minor frustrations and irritations
melt away when compared with the joy and fulfillment I regularly experience.

Kathleen O'Brien
Killingly High Library / Danielson, CT  <obrien@neca.com>
Kathleen O'Brien
Killingly High Library, Danielson, CT