Thank you! to those wonderful people who actually sent me helpful
information instead of flaming me.  Here is a compilation of the responses:
_Teaching Library Skills in Grades K Through 6_ (includes 50 lessons)
by Catharyn Roach and JoAnne Moore.
_Teaching Library Skills in Middles and High School_ by Linda J. Garrett
and JoAnne Moore.  Both are $32.50 from Neal-Schuman Publishers.

The catalog from Quail Ridge Educational Media, P. O. Box 340,
4450 Thompson Creek Road, Selma, Oregon  97538, 503-597-2083.

_Library Games Activity Kit_ (just a manual with reproducibles) P. Hulet
0-87628-543-4 about $30.

_Hooked on LibrarySkills_ M. Lewis & P. Kudla 0-87628-408-X about $35-40.

_Complete Library Skills Activity Program_ (another manual)
Contact:Center for Applied Research in Education; 110 Brookhill Dr.;
West Nyack, Ny; 10995 (1-800-288-4745, maybe).

_Learning, Linking & Critical Thinking_ by Hilda K. Weisburg & Ruth Toor.

_Information Please_ (has a Skills Chart telling what each grade needs
to learn).

The Almanac lessons available from Wonderstorms.  About $100 for 15
almanacs, black line masters, and a video about using the almanac.

The Follett Library Skills for elementary students; a large binder full
of ideas for teaching research skills while students are working on
assigned projects.

_Getting to know the library_ by Jane Sholinsky, published by Scholastic
Book Services; three books and a teacher guide.

Thanks again -by the way, some of my teachers are willing to do the
instruction if I can provide them with lesson plans.  It's not a big
deal to me who shares the information with our students, just so long
as they don't miss out.
Linda Schloegel sanjos103@ccvax.fullerton.edu

LM_NET Archive Home