I will be presenting a workshop on March 9th to a group of librarians from
our region.
The workshop will be a presentation of  the books that are the  Missouri
Show Me Readers Award Nominees for 1996-97.  As part of my presentation, I
would like to give a few suggestions on activities that could be used with
each book.  If you have an
activity that you have used with any  of the following books, I would like
to hear from you.  You will be given the credit for your ideas.   When
sending your activity, please let me know if you would like to receive a
copy of the workshop handout.  The books are:

Beast Feast  by Douglas Florian
Swamp Angel by Anne Isaacs
The Tale of rabbit & coyote by Tony Johnston
Anansi and the talking Melon by Eric Kimmel
John Henry by Julius Lester
Crossing the new bridge by Emily Arnold McCully
Sitti 's Secrets by Naomi Shihab Nye
The Sunday Outing by Gloria Jean Pinkney
My Rotten Redheaded Older brother  by Patricia Polacco
Don't Fidget a feather by Erica Silverman

TIA!
Suzanne Myers
Mt. Vernon R-V Middle School Media Center
Mt. Vernon, MO  65712
417-466-3137

LM_NET Archive Home