Re: Power of Stories

I would very much appreciate any information anyone might be able to give
me regarding the value or power of stories.  Two colleagues and I are
putting together a book of stories gathered from people who work in
schools.  We'd like to create something along the lines of the things
Studs Terkel does so well.

We need research citations, essays, articles, chapters in books, opinion
pieces, or any other specific works anyone might be able to tell us about
so we can develop an opening chapter about how stories teach, illustrate,
explain, move us, and help us understand the world around us.

Thank you in advance for whatever ideas, names, locations, or materials
you might be able to help us with.  It will be very much appreciated.

Gary Hartzell

Gary Hartzell
University of Nebraska, Omaha
ghartz@cwis.unomaha.edu