Got this from the TEA librarians list:

Good news!  We have the 1996 Texas Bluebonnet Award winner.  The top
three books are
        Time for Andrew (Hahn)           22,939 votes    12.75% of total
        Sweetest Fig (Van Allsburg)      22,046          12.25%
        Best School Year Ever (Robinson) 21,073          11.71%.
More information will be forthcoming in the TBA March mailing.

I called this morning to verify that Mary Downing Hahn will plan to
receive the award at the Bluebonnet luncheon April 25 in Houston.

                           Guusje Moore
                 Librarian, Housman Elementary School
                           Houston, Texas
                          guusje@tenet.edu