Recently someone asked  what kind of free services were provided in
other states.  They said that they didn't see any postings from Florida.
We have an excellent, free provider here called FIRN.  They offer PPP
access as well as e-mail to anyone in education.
     As for the person who asked how many other twenty-somethings were
out there - I am 29 for about six more months.  Living next to, working
with, and having graduated from a large library school institution I find that
there a many young people going into library work.  However they don't
usually choose school media.  They are going into public, special, and
university libraries - with the really far-sighted ones going into
virtual library work.  Why is this?  Why am I the _only_ young male in
our district (over 100 elem. schools)?  Why, at FAME (Florida Assoc.
Media Education) was I one of two?
     I could offer some theories but they probably wouldn't be popular.
I agree that it isn't the age of a person that is important for computer
skills - it is their willingness to change, adapt, and try.  Although
I've got another theory that anyone born after 1970 automatically has
"the computer gene."

   * Matt Penn
   * University of South Florida        "Insert painfully
   * Tampa, Fl.                         repetitive quote here."
   *
   * mpenn@luna.cas.usf.edu

LM_NET Archive Home