Hello, all.  I have been lurking for a few days and I know how very
active this list is (and helpful).  I am a teacher in a K-2 school in a
county who is automating their libraries.  The librarian at my school is
retiring this year, not very computer literate, and, although she is
learning, is not very motivated to figure it out (I don't really blame
her).  Because I am the "technology" person, I seem to be the one trying
to figure out Alexandria.  We are attempting to  import a patron list
from MacSchool(another problem) into Alexandria.  When we try to import
an ASCII file from MacSchool into Alexandria (following all the
directions from our Alex. rep) Alexandria only sees every other patron.
We are pretty certain that the ASCII has all the kids (600+) but
Alexandria only imported about half and comparing lists leads us to
believe that  it read every other child.  Any help or information on
these two programs would be appreciated.TIA - Mary Alice

LM_NET Archive Home