See Associated Press article by Michael Besdek in many papers on Dec. 28th
about Chris Van Allsburg.  One quote from him says "Having a film of your
book is a little like waiting for Santa Claus, but you're not sure if
he's giving you an electric train or a piece of coal...I'm happy.  I got
an electric train, not the electric train I wanted maybe, but still an
electric train."
        Sounds like he is pleased with the results even though they
aren't exactly what he wanted.  I thought the movie was a great piece of
filmmaking.
Karen Perry
Griffin Middle School
East Washington Dr.