LM-NETTERS - I have enjoyed this discussion.
         I have an Administrative
Credential with a strange story behind it.
        Early in the 1970s, the word circulated that several teachers in
my district were going to San Jose State University to take a
multiple-choice
test for an Administrative Credential.  If you scored an 80% or
better, you would receive the credential.   I still remember the local
teacher association officer telling me I should join the group because
this was going to be the last time the test would be given in
California.
        So I paid my $25 and signed up for the test.  On the way to San
Jose, we talked about what might be on the test.  Someone in the group
suggested that we should always select the option "form a committee"
whenever it appeared as one of the choices to a question.
         The second suggestion was to always chose  "form the widest possible
commitee - that is parents, teachers, students, administrators" whenever
a question focused on the composition of a group.
        With those words of wisdom, I took the test and received a score
of 94%.  A few weeks later I received my Administrative Credential.
        Our school district was very annoyed about this and for the next
five or six years, all job postings for administrative postions specified
"administrative credential through course work" in the small print.

        Judy Matthew
        jumatth@telis.org       Amador Valley High School
                                Pleasanton, Ca.  94566
        http://www.pleasanton.k12.ca.us/AVHSWeb/LIBRARY.HTM