I wrote in the discussion on Holiday Reading that I was reading the new
(1996-97) Texas Bluebonnet List over my vacation.  Several people have
asked me to forward it.  I think it may have been posted previously.
However, because quite a few people have asked for it and because it
might be of interest to anyone looking for recent good books for
elementary students, I'm posting it again.

                ==Bluebonnet Master List 1996-97==              12/12/96

The following titles have been named to the Bluebonnet Master list for
the 1996-97 school year.  Students in grades 3-6 will read from the
1996-1997 TBA master list during the spring of 1996 and the fall of
1996.  Voting to select the winner of the 1997 Bluebonnet Award will be
held in January 1997.

Bowen, Gary.  Stranded at Plimoth Plantation 1626.  HarperCollins, 1994.

Brandenburg, Jim.  Sand and Fog:  Adventures in Southern Africa.  Walker,
1994.

Brittain, Bill.  Shape-Changer.  HarperCollins, 1994.

Bunting, Eve.  Dandelions.  Harcourt, 1995.

Florian, Douglas.  Beast Feast.  Harcourt, 1994.

Haas, Jessie.  Uncle Daney's Way.  Greenwillow, 1994.

Hickman, Janet.  Jericho.  Greenwillow, 1994.

Hurwitz, Johanna, ed.  Birthday Surprises:  Ten Great Stories to Unwrap.
Morrow, 1995.

Isaacs, Anne.  Swamp Angel.  Dutton, 1994.

Johnston, Tony.  Amber on the Mountain.  Dial, 1994.

Park, Barbara.  Mick Harte Was Here.  Knopf, 1995.

Paulsen, Gary.  Mr. Tucket.  Delacorte, 1994.

Polacco, Patricia.  Pink and Say.  Philomel, 1994.

San Souci, Robert D.  Kate Shelley:  Bound for Legend.  Dial, 1995.

Scieszka, Jon.  Math Curse.  Viking, 1995.

Shalant, Phyllis.  Beware of Kissing Lizard Lips.  Dutton, 1995.

Simon, Seymour.  Sharks.  HarperCollins, 1995.

Snyder, Zilpha Keatley.  The Trespassers.  Delacorte, 1995.

Taylor, Mildred D.  The Well:  David's Story.  Dial, 1995.

Yolen, Jane.  Merlin and the Dragons.  Cobblehill, 1995.

LM_NET Archive Home