One of my faculty members has no use of her right hand and cannot type.  She
writes in long hand all her tests, hand outs, etc.  I'm wondering about the
possibility of using a scanner to scan  her handwritten work into the
computer in typed format.  Has anyone done this?  I tried this with my HP
Scanjet IIcx with no luck.  Is there a graphics program which translates
handwriting?  Also, are there organizations who assist people with
disabilities with technology - monetary assistance and/or technical
expertise?  TIA for any information or help you might be able to give me - I
believe this is an area where technology could be able to make a real
difference in peoples' lives. Please respond to me directly.
********
                                  Elisa Baker, Librarian
                                   Ursuline High School
                                     90 Ursuline Road