"The Fireside Book of Children's Songs" by Marie Winn lists Aiken Drum as
a song of Scottish origin.

Judith A. Naylor

Jane E Henderson (hendeja@MAIL.AUBURN.EDU) wrote:
: The music teacher just stopped in to see if I could find out anything
: about the cultural origins of a song titled Aikendrum.  The words
: describe a man named Aikendrum made out of spaghetti, cheese, pizza,
: etc.  The teacher is teaching songs from around the world and several
: classes are studying Italy.  Does this song have anything to do with
: Italy?  Can anyone recommend songs from or about Italy suitable for
: kindergarten?  Thanks for reading this and thanks for the great ideas I
: always get from lm_net!  Jane Henderson  Hendeja@mail.auburn.edu

LM_NET Archive Home