------------------------------

Date:    Wed, 31 Jan 1996 13:48:33 -0500
From:    Kathy Phillips <SuptReed@AOL.COM>
Subject: authors addresses

My 6th grade teachers are planning a unit on business letters.  We would like
to have the students choose their favorite author, read one of his/her books
and then write a business style letter to that author.  I have a list of
authors that we would like to recommend to the students.  If anyone knows the
snail mail addresses or whether or not any of these authors are still alive,
please send them to us.  The authors are:
James Howe                        Robert Lawson
Lillian Moore                       D.Manus Pinkwater
C.L. Lewis                            Judy Blume
Beverly Cleary                     Carolyn Haywood
Sid Fleischman                    Clyde Robert Bulla
Paul Fleischman                   Katherine Paterson
Laura Ingalls Wilder              Richard and Florence Atwater
Barbara Dana                         Jamie Gilson
Astrid Lindgren                     Lois Lowry
Franklin Dixon                        Carolyn Keene
gertrude Warner                    Harriet Abels
Eleanor Cameron

Thanks in advance,
Kathy Phillips
SuptReed@aol.com

------------------------------

The following authors on your list are published by HarperCollins:

C. S. Lewis (deceased)
Paul Fleischman
Laura Ingalls Wilder (decesaed)
Barbara Dana
Clyde Robert Bulla
Katherine Paterson

Write them care of HarperCollins, 10 East 53 St., New York, NY 10022

James Howe and Judy Blume are published by Simon & Schuster.  Lois Lowry is
published by Houghton Mifflin.  Beverly Cleary has books published by both
Morrow and Bantam/Doubleday/Dell.  Sid Flieschman has books published by Morrow
and Random House.  Carolyn Keene is not a real person; the Nancy Drew books are
written by several people all using the Keene name; nevertheless, you can write
to the publisher.  For all of the authors on your list, please write to the
author care of the publisher.  The publisher's address can be found on the
copyright page.  For authors' publishers and publishers' addresses, you can
also check the most current BOOKS IN PRINT, which can be found in libraries and
most bookstores.  So the writers will have time to write, publishers try to
help authors handle their mail, so letters should not be sent to the authors'
home addresses.

I hope this helps.

Catherine Balkin
Library Promotion