Thanks, Rosie, for compiling the list of recommendations from list
membrs.  I noticed two common mistaken assumptions on the list, however.
Despite the subject material, Verna Ardema is not an African-American;
neither is Arnold Adoff, who is sometimes known as Virginia Hamilton's
husband.....I've seen their names on other lists of African-Americans
from time to time, so it's a commmon mis-assumption....

A public children's librarian said really picky folks might quibble over
the addition of Rosa Guy's name, since she is Puerto-Rican; but isn't
Puerto Rico a US Territory?

All in all, a timely list and useful for February booktalks.

LM_NET Archive Home