I have received some great replies about the opposition from parents
to our required summer reading of two books for our AP students.  A
shocker, isn't it???  From those of you who also have summer reading,
was there ever any opposition when you started doing this?  Did it
take some time to educate the community and parents????I am quite
shocked that any parent would object to a child's being required to
read ...these are high school students....9-12.  If you had any
initial problems, please let me know what they were and how you
handled them.  I don't want our admin. to back down and they are
wavering in support of the whining young people..Thanks.
George Anne Draper
gdraper@wps.k12.ar.us

LM_NET Archive Home