We have tried Electric Library and found it to be quick, in depth, and a
hit with students- but it is expensive, the magazines are not the
mainstream magazines- I would like to see a comparison to other magazine
indexes that we do not have.

Mary Jo Heller
Einstein Middle School
Shoreline, Washington

On Fri, 12 Jul 1996, Kathleen Gaillard wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> Have any of you used  The Electric Library? It seems to be an on-line
> index to newspapers, magazines and books, with full text articles.  I
> haven't seen anyone mention it on LM_Net and wondered whether it was new
> and untried or not considered value for money. (Pricing seems to be based
> on number of simultaneous points of access, not on number of retrievals)
>
> Any opinions would be much appreciated.
>

> Regards
>

> Yvonne Davidson
> Library Coordinator