I realize that this request is a bit out of the realm of library
science, but you have all been so helpful in the past, that I'm
hoping someone will have an answer for me (and my son).  Please
forgive me if I'm out-of-line here.  My oldest son is a doctoral
student at CUNY in New York City and the university recently
changed its communications system on its computers.  His (and,
consequently our) problem is that with the new system, the e-mail
commands have changed.  The university wants everyone to register
for a $300 workshop to learn how to use the new system, something
that he just cannot afford right now.  E-mail and other computer
things are not new to him; he simply has been unable to figure
out the commands for sending mail.  (He has been able to receive
it, but not answer or send.)  He has talked with the tech people
there, with no success, and has become very frustrated.˙  I'm
hoping I don't sound toooo subversive, but is there any LM_NET
member able to help us?  Perhaps you have a similar system.
For example, the computer name and geographic domain of the
former CUNY address was:  @cunyvm.cuny.edu
Now this part of his address is:  @email.gc.cuny.edu

˙If anyone can help us out, I'd really appreciate it.  If I'm
out-of-line here, I'm sorry.  Thanks.

--
Karen Naftzger          (gk751@cleveland.freenet.edu)
Rocky River High School