I am now starting to prepare our collection for automation.
We don't have the software yet but we are purchasing books
with bar codes on them and ordered diskettes from Follett to
start collecting our data.

I made several phone calls and was told what symbology to ask for:
code 39 with US Marc records and a generic format.

What scares me is that we will be getting all these bar codes and
putting all this data on disks and will not be able to test anything
to see if it works.

I am sure many of you have gone through this process. Please tell me
what I can do eliminate unnecessary mistakes.

Please respond to me personally, not to the list.

Yvette Viger (ymviger@moose.ncia.net)
Yvette Viger                       |  Mildred C. Lakeway Elementary School
ymviger@moose.ncia.net             |  325 Union Street
Librarian / Media Generalist       |  Littleton, New Hampshire  03561