Several 9th grade English teachers have asked for suggestions of titles to
replace Great Expectations in the current curriculum.  They are looking for
a book that is a "comtemporary classic", with lots of 'stuff' to work with.
such as metaphors, symbolism.  Elie Weisel's Night was suggested, but we
found out that our Middle School uses it.  Any suggestions?  And of course
they (and I) need the answer by tomorrow (Wed. July 17).  TIA for any help.
Please respond directly to me - if I get some great titles, I'll post a hit
of those recommended.
Debbie Lawton
S. Brunswick H.S. Library
dlawton@njlink.pppl.gov