Faith W. Van Putte 904 833 4285 wrote:

> Our county (Okaloosa in Florida) is trying to come up with a five year
> technology plan. Have any of you done this county- or district-wide? If so,
> would you be willing to share with me? I'll post a hit  if anybody wants
> one. So far the 'goal' is pretty bare bones, with little about the internet
> in it. Thanks in advance - Faith   <vanputf@mail.firn.edu>

I have come across and ERIC document you might be interested in which
outlines a technology plan as implemented by Arlington Public Schools in VA.
The Bibliographic Information and abstract is as follows:

Accession Number
  ED375793
Authors
  Carroll, James.  et al.
Institution
  Arlington County Public Schools, VA. Instructional Media & Tech. Dept.
  [BBB32144]
Title
  Arlington Public Schools Instructional Technology Strategic Plan: April
  1994.
Availability
  EDRS Availability:  Microfiche [2 card(s)], Paper.
Date of Publication
  Apr 94
Country of Publication
  U.S., Virginia
Identifiers
  *Arlington Public Schools VA, *Technology Plans.
Abstract
  This document contains the instructional technology strategic plan for the
  Arlington Public Schools (APS) as developed by the Instructional Media &
  Technology (IMT) Department, which was established in 1992. The mission of
  this department is to support teachers, students, and related
  instructional staff in the effective use of instructional, informational,
  and communications technologies to enhance the teaching-learning process.
  IMT currently consists of five units: Academic Computing, Distance
  Learning, Educational Television, Library Media Services, and the Teaching
  Materials Center. The report begins with an executive summary, which
  details the purpose and methods of two studies which were conducted to
  provide background information for the 5-year plan and lists its major new
  initiatives. The specifics of the plan are then introduced, including the
  background and evolution of instructional technology in APS, the purpose
  of the study, and the conclusions and findings from the Instructional Use
  Survey and Instructional Technology Focus Groups. The strategic plan,
  which makes up the major part of the report, is then presented, including
  goals, objectives, and action steps. It is divided into three sections:
  new initiatives; summary of implementation costs; and ongoing initiatives.
  Additional needs for full implementation of the plan are then identified,
  including IMT departmental reorganization, additional staff, and central
  office funding. A summary of research on the impact of instructional
  technologies on student learning and a historical perspective of program
  growth in the APS are also provided, and a brief summary concludes the
  report. (Contains 32 references.) (JLB)
Publication Type
  GUIDES - General (use more specific code, if possible).

--
James Edward Fedorchuk@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
School of Library and Information Studies

James Edward Fedorchuk@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
School of Library and Information Studies
Univeristy of Alberta.  Edmonton AB. Canada

LM_NET Archive Home