For almost a decade I have been a MAC user.  I am sitting here with two LCs
upgraded to 10 mg each.  One with a CD ROM and both with modems (14.4).  One
monitor crashed so I frantically seached for a new one and finally found a
14" (15" are not compatible) -- had to spend over $400.00 (lousy service from
MacWarehouse -- but that's another story).  Anyway -- the cost and
inconvenience of searching high and low for a replacement item made me begin
to think about MAC vs. IBM.  I need at least 16 mb and was looking at a MAC
Power 7600 which I would upgrade to 32 mb (what I really want).  But friends
are trying to convince me that what I really need is a Gateway 2000 which has
more gigabyhtes (sp), and all around more bang for the $.  I would still have
to upgrade to 32 mb but it does have a built in 28.8 modem where the power
mac does not have a built in modem; I would need a printer regardless.   I do
a lot of writing and accessing Internet on my computer.  The MAC LC would be
"moved Over" for my college age daughter to work on; and my 5 year old
granddaughters to use.  Advice -- pros and cons.  I am interested in all
opinions and comments.
reply to Sharronmc@aol.com  Thanks for all comments.

LM_NET Archive Home