Part 2 of Read around the world bibliography.

Namioka, Lensey       Island of Ogres
O'Dell, Scott               The captive
Ossowski, Leoni..      Star without a sky
Parish, Helen R.         Estebanico
Park, Ruth                    My sister Sif
Park, Ruth                    Playing Beatie Bow
Paterson, katherine    Of nightingales that weep
Phipson, Joan             When the city stopped
Potter, Bronson          Chibia the dhow boy
Raymond, Patricia      Daniel and Esther
Read, Elfreida             Brothers by choice
Sneider, Vern              The Teahouse of the August Moon
Southall, Ivan              What about tomorrow?
Sperry, Armstrong     Call it courage
Staples, Suzanne      Haveli
Staples, Suxanne       Shabanu
Tan, Amy                       Various titles--perhaps more adult
Thiele, Colin                February Dragon
Forrest-Webb, r...      Pendragon
Trevino, Elizabeth      Leona, a love story
Trevino, Elizabeth     I, Juan de Pareja
Uchida, Yoshiko        The best bad thing
Uchida, Yoshiko        The happiest ending
Vos, Ida                       Anna is still here
Vos, Ida                       Hide and seek
Wallace, Barbara     Can do, Missyn Charlie
Watkins, Yoko k..      My brother, my sister and.....
Yep, Laurence           Various titles
Winn, Janet               Home in flames
Hicyilmaz, Gaye...    Against the storm
Hotze, Sollace          A circle unbroken
Houston, Jeane       Farewell to Manzanar
Laird, Elizabeth        Kiss the dust
Matas, Carol             Sworn enemies
Mayne, William         Low tide
Mori, Kyoko                Shizuko's daughter
Paulsen, Gary            The CRossing
Penney, Grace J.       Moki
Soto, Gary                   The skirt

All typos are strictly my own!!  Note that there is a huge variety here,
including historical fiction.  Depending upon the scope of an assignment
some may or may not be appropriate.    Many may be out of print--this simply
reflects what we could pull from our collection.  Most of you can probably
do as well or better just by browsing your shelves.  I was amazed at what we
could find.

Again, I highly recommend the CCBC publication listed in Part I.  Its
subtitle is "A selected listing of books 1980-1990 by and about people of
color."

Anne Oelke                     | "Some days are like that,
acoelke@peoples.net            |  even in Australia!"
Cambria-Friesland School Dst.  |  Judith Viorst in _Alexander
Cambria, WI                    | & the Terrible, Horrible,
                               | No Good, Very Bad Day_.

LM_NET Archive Home