Is there anyone out there who started a whole new library media program
in a whole new middle school in the past couple of years?  If so, are
there, in retrospect, things that you wished you would have done first, a
universe of glorious possibilities before you, before stepping out into
space?  I do not wish to be the first SLMS in space.

Any recommendations welcome.  Concrete would help, frameworks and
curriculum guides aside please.  The entire school just moved and
curriculum guides are in boxes elsewhere for the most part.  I am
enjoying meeting with faculty to get an idea of their needs.  We have
flexible scheduling--hurrah!  (and 1,000 students, 70% from
non-English-speaking origin families)

BTW, I did a test run request of a core collection from a well-known
jobber once and was very disappointed with the recommended list.  Much
deadwright was included and some real stars were omitted.  A friend
reports the same experience with a different jobber. There must be a way
besides visiting a few libraries with the catalog from chosen jobber and
a highlighter pen.

Joanne in the moon :-)

Joanne Sullivan

Steering Committee Member
United Nations Global Programme
for the Integration of Public Administration
and the Science of Disasters
joanne@tiac.net

LM_NET Archive Home