Homework! Oh, Homework
From: New Kid on the Block by Jack Prelutsky. 1984

Homework! Oh, homework!/ I hate you! You stink!/ I wish I could wash you/
away in the sink,/ if only a bomb/ would explode you to bits./ Homework!
Oh, homework!/ You're giving me fits.
I'd rather take baths/ with a man-eating shark,/ or wrestle a lion/
alone in the dark,/ eat spinach and liver,/ pet ten porcupines,/ than
tackle the homework/ my teacher assigns.
Homework! Oh, homework!/ You're last on my list,/ I simply can't see/ why
you even exist,/ if you just disappeared/ it would tickle me pink./
Homework! Oh, homework!/ I hate you! You stink!

Allison G. Kaplan
Cataloger
Education Resource Center
University of Delaware
Newark, DE 19716-2940
(302) 831-1584
akaplan@udel.edu

On Mon, 3 Jun 1996, Glen Walder wrote:

> Hi LM_NET'ers,
>
> I am in need of the poem, "Homework, O' Homework" by Shel Silverstein.
> If you can post it to my email or fax to 510/833-3334 I would be most
> grateful.
>
> Guess when I need it?  By Tuesday 9am PST.
>
> TIA,
>
> Glen Walder
> gwalder@wahoo.sjsu.edu

LM_NET Archive Home