(if this idea is a repeat of someone else's, excuse the duplication)

has anyone thought of using internetphone for the
LibraryMediaNet?  it is live audio over the internet or
over the web, if so installed.  and you can have phone links
on your web page.

see the following

if you have SLIP/PPP and - or TCP/IP  accounts with a modem speed
of 14.4 or better you can talk live over the internet. (at the same cost
as your internet service, of course) it will work from the web.  see
vocaltec site for more info.

additonal requirements are listed below.

for more info tune   http://vocaltec.com

to download the shareware http://vocaltec.com/down1.htm#release3

or FTP it at ftp://ftp.psi.com/pub/scr/iphone/iphone21.exe

requirements

8mb RAM
486sx 25hz (faster recommended)
486 at 50hz for duplex audio (like a real phone/but needs 2 sound cards)
WIN compatible audio board
a microphone (small mini phone jack)
TCP/IP software WINSOCK
SLIP/PPP or direct internet connection
14,400 modem speed - higher recommended

If you have comments, reply direct.  I have my account set for NOMAIL.

WARNING >  USER BE AWARE  due to the nature certain topics.
there is a great deal of garbage out there, etc.......!

            Wade Grimes                     fax    >  573 898 3140
            Social Studies Chair            voice >  573 898 5553
            Audio Visual Dir  CATV 18   smail >  P O Box 106
            H L Purdin High School                    Elsberry, MO.  63343  0106

 Hpg  ->  http://oseda.missouri.edu:80/elsberry.k12.mo.us/wgrms.html

                              amateur radio station  ->  WA0MHP

LM_NET Archive Home