Carol--I've been following this thread, and I don't believe there was
ever the intent to investigate any interviewee, or to research any
one's references.  The discussion seemed perfectly appropriate (and
interesting) in that it explored the responsibility a departing librarian had
to their position and to the following librarian.  There are a
variety of views expressed, and this seems to be the perfect forum of
a discussion of this aspect of one's professional responsibilities.

>  I do not think that LM_NET is the
> appropriate forum for seeking references on an interviewee nor should it be
> a forum for discussing one's dissatisfactions with a position currently or
> previously held.

> When people interview they present references.  Start there and use the good
> old telephone.  From those references one might be able then to talk to
> others who also know the individual.
> Frankly, if I interviewed for a job and discovered a query had been made on
> a listserv about my suitability, I'd decline a job offer if made.  I would
> not want to work with people who do not respect privacy on the
Intenet>
Shannon Acedo
Assistant Librarian
Marlborough School