        I think teachers should model honest behavior.  Most of us think
of ourselves as good citizens; why is it that a teacher who wouldn't steal
a dime's worth of gum will risk a gigantic fine for unauthorized public
performance of a video?
        I think it's up to administrators to let teachers know what
videos may be shown. Librarians may help educate coworkers about
copyright laws, but our efforts depend on diplomacy, not authority.
        I think that if a district gets caught and has to pay a fine,
it will have that much less money for teachers' salaries and for
instructional materials.

>Well, for the 4th day out of 6 my daughter has told me that her class
>watched a movie in school.
>Just venting, but whatdya think?
>--
>Cheryl A. Sturgeon