        My daughter is in freshman honors geography at a high school,
here, in Delaware.  One of the art teachers applied for a computer grant
providing she could combine art with one of the major subjects.  Because
she and the geography teachers are good friends they decided to attempt a
fourth marking period project together.

        The art and geography classes were divided into six groups of
seven students.  Each group was to choose "how a country, which today may
not be very important as a world power might, in the future, find itself
becoming a major force and leader among the nations of the world.  The
task is to explain how the country will use its current cultural and
physical situation to become a dominate force among nations of the world."

Most of them placed the world in chaos in the 21 century and let their
imaginations run wild.  Some of the "new world powers" are Mongolia,
Iceland, and Zaire.   They combined geography knowledge and art knowledge
into a 15 slide presentation with clip-art, photos, drawings, etc and, if I
have any say, all get an A!!!!

LM_NET Archive Home